The incumbent assists a Regional Director in promoting economic development by funding feasibility studies, consultancy, training programs, and other project planning services. The incumbent is normally assigned a portion of the geographic region and makes recommendations regarding USTDA’s approach to major infrastructure projects there.
This announcement may be used to fill vacancies in one or more of USTDA’s geographic Regional Offices.
- Evaluate the potential of infrastructure development projects in emerging markets to facilitate U.S. exports and job creation.
- Make preliminary determinations of the project’s ability to meet USTDA funding criteria, including ability to obtain implementation financing and support U.S. exports and jobs.
- Support USG foreign policy priorities by promoting host country economic growth.
- Represent the Agency in a variety of forums to provide information about, explain, advocate, and defend USTDA program activities.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with embassy officials, government officials, and private sector representatives in the U.S. and assigned countries.
- Perform due diligence on prospective USTDA contractors and grantees.
- Track ongoing and completed projects to assess commercial and developmental impact in order to assist the Evaluations Office with monitoring project developments.
- Draft briefing materials, memoranda, talking points, speeches, and other written materials that support USTDA’s leadership, the regional teams, and other stakeholders relevant to USTDA’s project activities.
- Provide formal and informal oral presentations to business groups, USTDA leadership, foreign audiences, and other stakeholders relevant to USTDA’s project activities.
Are you enjoying the article? Join our community for even more!