- This event has passed.
Global Tampa Bay: export sales mission to São Paulo
August 12, 2019 - August 15, 2019
It is our pleasure to invite you on the highly anticipated Global Tampa BayExport Sales Mission to São Paulo, Brazil from August 12–15, 2019.
We look forward to strengthening Tampa Bay’s ties to this strategic Latin American market. As the 9th largest economy in the world, Brazil offers a diverse consumer base for U.S. exporters. As Florida’s number one trading partner, Brazil received $14.7 billion in merchandise exports from Florida last year. With two weekly service connections to Brazil, the South American country is also Port Tampa Bay’s largest market for exports.
On behalf of Global Tampa Bay and our partners, we encourage you to explore the opportunities that await you in Brazil.
TOP 5 REASONS WHY TAMPA BAY COMPANIES SHOULD CONSIDER EXPORTING TO BRAZIL:
- The United States is Brazil’s second largest trading partner behind China, with $65.3 billion in total trade between the two countries in 2017.
- Brazil is Port Tampa Bay’s number one trading partner for cargo tonnage, handling 2 million tons of cargo last year.
- Of the 50 U.S. states, Florida accounted for over 11% of U.S. exports to Brazil.
- As Florida’s leading export destination, Brazil received 7.9% of Florida-origin exports in 2018.
- Brazil is the largest country in South America, and the second largest economy in the Western hemisphere after the United States.
Are you enjoying the article? Join our community for even more!