DIRECTOR FOOD & RETAIL PRACTICE LEAD, GREATER CHINA
- Develops and executes the business development strategy and plan to grow APCO’s food & retail practice in Greater China and achieve annual business performance targets
- Represents APCO in conferences and business events to promote APCO’s thought leadership and services in the food & retail sectors
- Leads at least 5 retainer accounts, offers strategic counselling to clients and provides guidance to the account teams to ensure high quality of deliverables and client satisfaction
- Manages a team of 5 project staff and provides coaching and mentoring to improve their performance and retain high performers
- Works in close collaboration with other senior staff in Greater China to achieve business development goals and actively seeks new ways to expand APCO’s business in the region
- Coordinates with practice and/or team leaders from other APCO offices to identify and develop regional and global clients across service lines
- Reports to the Chief Operation Officer, Greater China, and interfaces with all levels of staff including administrative, finance, HR and client servicing colleagues
- Education: Master’s degree or higher
- Experience: Minimum of 10+ years of working experience in public affairs for a multinational company in China in food, fast moving consumer goods, retail sectors (agency experience preferred); strong project, budget, client and team management skills; experience pursuing and developing new business; fluency in Mandarin and English required.
- Office Environment: The position will be based in APCO’s Beijing office working alongside over 60 Chinese and international colleagues across Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong offices. Local travel and occasional international travel is a requirement of the job.
Are you enjoying the article? Join our community for even more!